Get Fitter

Losing weight is tough. You know that and I know that.

I've been struggling with weight for all of my adult life, so I know what you're going through.

When I started this blog, I very much expected that I'd be able to lose weight and get fitter. But I was trying to do it by myself. Using the things which I'd read in various books, or the 'perceived wisdom' of friends and family.

All of which led to my weight yo-yo'ing around 100kg for the last two years.

It was in April 2009 that I decided to get a bit of help. I then spent the next three months reviewing various ebooks, online coaching courses etc. and have settled on two which I'm now following - one is focused on diet but the one I'm going to tell you about here is focused on exercise.

Turbulence Training

Turbulence Training for fat loss

Craig Ballantyne's Turbulence Training package is huge - far too much to take in initially. As I was on holiday when I first got hold of it, I decided to follow the 4 week body weight workout. I thought I'd do the Beginner workout 'just to be safe' but fully expecting to find it too easy. My mistake! Either it's a tough workout or I'm not as strong as I thought I was. In any event, I'm looking forward to keeping up with this programme. There are lots of different exercises - free weights, machine weights as well as body weight exercises, so anyone can do this. Buying Craig's guide (which you can do for an initial payment of less than $5 if you click on this link) also gives you a month's access to his members site.

I hope you enjoy Turbulence Training as much as I am. I'll post my progress within The Fat Runner blog.